- ALL PERSONS BIDDING AGREE TO THE CONDITIONS OF SALE.
- All sales are subject to a 15% BUYER’S PREMIUM to be paid by the
buyer as part of the purchase price. Purchases are subject to
Connecticut State sales tax except for individuals with a valid resale
certificate on file with Winter Associates, Inc.
- For clients who cannot attend the sale in person, Winter
Associates, Inc. if so instructed will execute written “absentee bids”
on their behalf. This absentee bidding service is provided with the
understanding that Winter Associates, Inc. shall not be held
responsible for any errors or failure to accurately execute bids. A
cash deposit may be required and will be applied to all purchases made
at this sale and not to any particular lot.
- Absentee bids are executed in competition with other absentee bids
and with the audience, on an alternate basis. Due to the uncertainties
of bidding patterns a lot may sell to the audience for the same amount
authorized by an absentee bidder, or to an absentee bid for the same
amount if it was received in advance.
- Phone absentee bids are accepted only on items with a low estimate
equal to or greater than $500 and are subject to phone line
availability. A completed and signed absentee bid form must be received
and acknowledged by Winter Associates, Inc. prior to confirmation of
any phone line reservation for bidding. This absentee bidding service
is provided with the understanding that Winter Associates, Inc. shall
not be held responsible for any errors or failure to accurately execute
- PAYMENT ON ABSENTEE BIDS MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN THREE DAYS OF THE
SALE. Invoices are issued upon receipt of payment. Winter Associates,
Inc. must have received cleared funds to release property. Shipment is
arranged as a courtesy and at buyer’s expense. Shipping may take 2-4
weeks after payment is received.
- ITEMS MUST BE PICKED UP AND PAID FOR WITHIN 72 HOURS OF SALE. ITEMS
NOT PICKED UP WITHIN THIS TIME WILL BE SUBJECT TO A STORAGE FEE OF
$5.00 PER DAY PER LOT. Winter Associates, Inc. shall have no liability
for any damage or loss to property left on its property for more than 3
business days after the date of sale.
- MERCHANDISE WILL BE RELEASED ONLY AFTER BONAFIDE PAYMENT IS
RECEIVED. Successful bidders may pay for purchases with cash, MC/Visa,
Discover, certified or traveler’s checks. Personal or business checks
will only be accepted from parties with established credit. Winter
Associates, Inc. reserves the right to hold merchandise purchased by
check for 10 business days from deposit date of check. Check payment
made in person is subject to approval by our check clearing service.
The purchaser agrees to pay Winter Associates, Inc. $25.00 for any
- ALL LOTS ARE SOLD AS IS: all merchandise is available for
inspection and should be inspected before bidding. Condition reports
are not included in catalog descriptions. Although condition is
sometimes noted for an item in our catalog, it has not been noted on
every item, and the catalog should not be construed as a full condition
report. It is the responsibility of prospective bidders to examine lots
and decide their level of interest. Neither the auctioneer nor the
consignor, is responsible for the accuracy of any printed or verbal
descriptions. All weights and measurements are approximate.
- Winter Associates, Inc. assumes no responsibility for the correct
description, genuineness, authenticity of, or defect in any lot and
makes no warranty in connection therewith.
- Winter Associates, Inc. reserves the right to withdraw any lot at
any time. The auctioneers may reject an opening bid, or if having
acknowledged an opening bid they decide that any advance is
insufficient, they may reject that advance and withdraw the lot.
- Post auction bids may be submitted on unsold items. They may or may
not be accepted at the discretion of the auctioneer and with the
permission of the consignor.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL. THERE ARE NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS.
- These conditions may be waived or modified at the sole discretion of Winter Associates, Inc.
Linda Stamm, President|
WINTER ASSOCIATES, INC.